Access your content anywhere
iCandy is a desktop application for your Mac or PC that lets you create and scan QR codes. It takes advantage of your webcam to scan QR codes from your computer. Think of it as the desktop publishing of QR codes.
See your music. Play what you see.
iCandy allows you to create, print, scan, share and track QR codes of your favorite content - videos, music, favorite websites, documents, text messages. Your friends, family and customers can discover your content offline - in the real world - on posters, postcards or anywhere your QR code is visible. They scan the QR code on their mobile phone and voila! the content appears on their phone's browser.
What is a QR Code?
A QR code is simply a square-shaped bar code that lets you quickly retrieve information - a web page, a YouTube video, a phone number, you name it. QR Code software like iCandy utilizes a camera (in our case your computer's webcam) to scan and decode the barcode, retrieving the relevant URL, text message, etc. QR Codes are becoming increasingly popular for mobile computing (it's so much easier to scan a code than it is to type a URL on your phone, don't you agree?)
Connect Your Print, Mobile and Online Worlds
Make QR Codes of:
- YouTube Videos
- iTunes music & videos
- Web pages
- Flickr slideshows
- Text messages
- Facebook/LinkedIn/MySpace Profile
- Business card
- Anything you can link to on the web
Scan. From Your Desktop. From Your Phone.
The iCandy application can scan any QR Code you find.
Find the download for you*:
*Don't forget to register! We'll send you your confirmation code once you've registered so you can create and track your QR codes.
What can you do with iCandy?
- Make Stuff - postcards, books, whatever
- Promote yourself
- Put QR Codes on your business cards
- Track your QR Code click thrus
- Post QR Code scans on your Facebook Profile
- Send Twitter updates of what you've created or scanned
- Mobile Scavenger hunts
- Interactive museum exhibits
- Link multimedia content to classroom handouts
- Real Estate flyers
- Postcards for iPhone app downloads
- Combine QR Codes with magazine articles
All you need to use iCandy
- PC, Mac or iPhone or mobile phone with appropriate QR Code software
- Webcam to scan QR codes from your computer
- Printer to print iCandy cards (nice but not required)
- Free account on this website