Did you know that you could create iCandy cards to promote your iPhone application? It's pretty easy actually.
Creating your promotional iPhone App iCandy Card:
- Launch iCandy as usual and select Create Card.
- With iTunes open, find your iPhone app.
- Drag and drop your iPhone app icon into the iCandy Print window. iCandy will create a QR code of the URL that connects back to the iTunes store.
- Click 'Edit Item' to enter a relevant title and artwork. What I do on my Mac is launch the Grab application to get the iPhone app icon or screenshot. I grab it, save it as a file and then drag the file onto the iCandy Edit window.
- Select your print layout. My favorite is 'QOOP CoffeeTable Book'
- Print to local printer/disk or Flickr.
- Voila! You're done.
Scanning your promotional iPhone App iCandy Card on your iPhone:
Take your iPhone and your preferred QR Code reader (Optiscan, Neoreader, BeeTag, Xzing, 2D Sense, Barcode, Snappr, etc.) and scan your newly created iCandy card.
The following should happen:
- Safari should quickly launch, hit the iCandy server (gotta log those analytics) and then redirect you to the App Store on your iPhone. You'll get prompted for your iTunes password and the info screen for the app will be brought up ready for you to download.
- iCandy will open a new browser window which will ask if it can launch iTunes.
- Switch to iTunes (it should already be open since iCandy needs iTunes open to work.)
- iTunes will take you to the application page!
Scan these sample cards: