Mac: Getting Started
Step 1: Getting Started
- Registration Closed
- Download the software for your Macintosh and install
Step 2: Configure iCandy
Take the opportunity to set up iCandy with Flickr and Twitter:
Step 3: Print iCandy Cards
Follow these instructions or just view the video
- Start iCandy
- Click on the iCandy icon at the top of your screen
- Open the iCandy Print window by clicking on the iCandy icon at the top of your screen and then clicking on the gear icon. A dropdown window should appear. Select Print. The Print window should appear.
- Surf the web to your favorite websites or select your favorite track on iTunes
- When you find a site or song you want to share, click on the track or link in your browser and drag it to the iCandy print menu
- When you've got all your songs and websites loaded, select from the print menu to print cards.
- To create a QR Code for a text message simply click on the Create Text option and enter a message of any length.
- You can print locally or upload your images to Flickr and print to Moo, QOOP or Blurb.
- You can use iCandy to access any site on the web. Some of our favorites include YouTube, Facebook, Flickr, Yahoo News, Wikipedia, ESPN, CNET, shopping sites, Amazon.com and all your favorite blogs.
Step 4: Scan iCandy Cards
- Start iCandy
- Make sure your webcam is connected and on. Your webcam cannot be in use with any other program (Skype, Yahoo Messenger, etc.) while using iCandy.
- Place the QR code in front of your webcam.
A red box will appear in the camera preview window around the QR code. iCandy will access your song or website immediately. If you don't own the song, iCandy will give you options to sample and buy the song.
- You can also drag and drop images of QR codes directly from websites or image files on your computer.
Step 5: Share iCandy
- Trade iCandy cards in person with family and friends
- Use your iCandy cards to easily and quickly launch iTunes media. Great for kids!
- Share images of iCandy with others online on Facebook, Flickr, Plaxo, Snapfish and any other image-sharing site
- Go Crazy