PC: Getting Started
PC Requirements -
- Webcam (to scan QR codes)
- Windows XP/Vista
- Printer (to print iCandy cards)
Step 1: Getting Started
Step 2: Print iCandy Cards
Follow these instructions or just watch this video
- Start iCandy
- Right click on the iCandy icon on you PCâ€™s system tray and select Printâ€¦
- Surf the web to your favorite websites or select your favorite track on iTunes
- When you find a site or song you want to share, click on the track or link in your browser and drag it to the iCandy print menu
- When you've got all your songs and websites loaded, select from the print menu to print cards.
- You can print locally or upload your images to Flickr and print to Moo, Qoop or Blurb.
Step 3: Scan iCandy Cards
- Start iCandy
- Make sure your webcam is connected and on. Your webcam cannot be in use with any other program (Skype, Yahoo Messenger, etc.) while using iCandy.
- Place the QR code in front of your webcam. A red box will appear on the screen around the QR code. iCandy will access your song or website immediately. If you don't own the song, iCandy will give you options to sample and buy the song.
- You can also drop and drop images of QR codes directly from websites or image files on your computer.
Step 4: Share iCandy
- Trade iCandy cards in person with family and friends
- Use your iCandy cards to easily and quickly launch iTunes media. Great for kids!.
- Share images of iCandy with others online on Facebook, Flickr, Plaxo, Snapfish and any other image-sharing site
- Go Crazy
- If you do not see a preview image coming from your webcam displayed in your iCandy application window, do the following:
- Right-click on the iCandy icon in the system tray and select the Options menu item.
- Click on the Webcam tab and make sure your webcam is selected from the list.
- If you do not see the name of your webcam in the dropdown menu, hit the Refesh button. Then select the dropdown menu again. Select the name of your webcam if it is listed.
- Press the Save button.
If your webcam still does not appear in the dropdown menu, make sure it is plugged into the PC. Quit and restart iCandy and repeat the steps above. Alternatively, you can report the problem to the
and we'll help you troubleshoot the problem from there.